The audience poll results are in from Vincent Brown’s Presidential Debate on TV3, and though entirely unscientific, they show Martin McGuinness way out in front, leaving the rest as also-rans. It remains to be seen whether the same will be true at the ballot box in a few weeks time but undoubtedly some optimistic news for a candidate receiving saturation opposition from the political and media establishment in Ireland.
As for the debate itself, Brown did sterling work marshalling what was at times a chaotic spectacle, with the candidates eager to get their points across. His quizzing of the candidates, particularly McGuinness, Norris, Davis and Mitchell, was well done and an exercise in the sort of informed journalism that we have come to expect from him. If you missed the broadcast watch it here.
- From Saor Doire To Saor Éire (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Martin McGuinness. The People’s Choice? (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Fine Gael: The Terrorists We Embrace And The Ones We Don’t (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Fulminating West Brits Go Nuts – Or Fun With Martin And Co! (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Gay Byrne Claims Provisional IRA Were “Gangsters”. Sorry, That Should Read, Gay Byrne Claims Old IRA Were “Gangsters” (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Martin McGuinness – Uachtarán na hÉireann? (ansionnachfionn.com)
- An Phoblacht – October edition out now… (cedarlounge.wordpress.com)
- Panic Grips The Sycophants Of The Golden Circle (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Fine Gael Internal Presidential Poll. (politics.ie)