Jude Collins is one of my favourite Irish bloggers, an author and journalist with a seemingly indefatigable supply of opinions (where does he get the time?). With the Irish media establishment speaking with one voice on what was known in my youth as the “National Question”, he represents one of the few places where one can hear intelligent, well-argued counter-opinion (the latter also being known as the truth). His latest post touches upon a word also rarely hear these days: partition. It is well worth reading not least for the image accompanying it which puts all the Anglomedia talk about democracy and the threat or the use of violence for political ends into perspective.
When is a majority not a majority? When it is the militant British separatist majority in the North of Ireland.
- Gay Byrne Claims Provisional IRA Were “Gangsters”. Sorry, That Should Read, Gay Byrne Claims Old IRA Were “Gangsters” (ansionnachfionn.com)
- RTÉ Versus TG4 (ansionnachfionn.com)
- The Sunday Independent – The Real Threat To Irish Democracy (ansionnachfionn.com)
- God Save Ireland – From The Anglos! (ansionnachfionn.wordpress.com)
- Slugger, McGregor And Moloney. Controversy In Bloggerdom (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Michael Collins (integrated4.wordpress.com)
- If Robinson pitches for Catholic votes, where does that leave nationalism? (sluggerotoole.com)