A Year Of The French
There is an interesting series of articles, in French, on the status of the Irish language in the North of Ireland over on the Couleurs irlandaises blog. The author looks at several aspects of the “culture wars” in the north-east of the country beginning with the post “Le gaélique: patrimoine fédérateur ou marqueur communautaire?”, followed by “Bûches et embûches de Noël à Belfast!” and most recently “Le gaélique, «langue des tourbières»?”.
Just as interesting is the sort of “how others see us” views and opinions of a locally based French blogger.
- Colonially Speaking (ansionnachfionn.com)
- An Irish Slam! (ansionnachfionn.com)
- British Minority To Irish Majority: Your Language Is Foreign Gobbledegook (ansionnachfionn.com)
- A Shared Future For All Of Ireland? (ansionnachfionn.com)
- The Truth About Irish (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Irish language sign is Belfast City Hall first (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Nollaig Shona Duit (sluggerotoole.com)