Talking of the Irish language online there is certainly a lot of speculation at the moment about the new website “Try Again 2012” and the associated high-profile advertising campaign around the country (not to mention on social networks like YouTube and at Twitter under the hashtag #tryagain). The Herald seems to have got to the truth behind the rumours:
“I’M actually bi, says The Voice’s Brian Kennedy. Brendan Courtney “lost it at 16″ and and it made Paul McGrath feel “inadequate”.
But what on earth are they talking about?
A suggestive new campaign has tongues wagging in the city but the “bi” claims by singer Brian Kennedy are a lot more innocent than they might first appear.
A host of big-name celebrities have put their names behind a new campaign to get people dusting off their Irish – and speaking the language again.
It’s being spearheaded by former champion boxer Bernard Dunne. Other well-known participants include Lucy Kennedy, Ben Dunne, Baz Ashmawy, and Jennifer Maguire speaking about their own experiences of the subject matter.”
The new television-related campaign will be unveiled on RTÉ’s Saturday Night Show on February 25th.
- Meanwhile In Ireland, Another Form Of Censorship… (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Young Fine Gael – The Irony Is In The Name (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Get Your Gael On! (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Speaking In Two Tongues (ansionnachfionn.com)
- From Irish Ireland To English Ireland (ansionnachfionn.com)
- The Real World Value Of Ireland’s Indigenous Language And Culture (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Ivan Yates – No Irish For Your Children. But Plenty Of Irish For Mine! (ansionnachfionn.com)
- RTÉ Should Be TG4 – And Here’s Why (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Fighting For The Truth (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Discrimination Dressed As Reasonableness… Isn’t It Always? (ansionnachfionn.com)