This privacy statement sets out how An Sionnach Fionn collects, uses and protects any information given to it by the users of the website AnSionnachFionn.com. If you give An Sionnach Fionn any information by which you can be identified when using this website then it will be used only in accordance with this privacy statement.
An Sionnach Fionn may change this privacy statement from time to time. It is your responsibility to regularly review the Privacy page for changes. By continuing to use this website you agree to these changes.
2. Persons under the age of 13
AnSionnachFionn.com is not directed at persons under 13 years of age and is offered only to users who are 13 or older. An Sionnach Fionn does not knowingly collect information from or about children under the age of 13. If An Sionnach Fionn discovers that it has inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 it will delete that information as soon as possible.
3. Persons aged 13 to 17
An Sionnach Fionn recommends that young people aged 13 to 17 ask their parents or legal guardians for permission before using this website, AnSionnachFionn.com.
4. What An Sionnach Fionn accesses
An Sionnach Fionn may access the following information collected through the content management systems provided by its internet hosting service, WordPress.com, a company of Automattic Inc.:
- Information supplied when you use the website;
- Information which you post on AnSionnachFionn.com; and
- Information on your use of AnSionnachFionn.com generally.
Technical details in connection with visits to this website may be logged for An Sionnach Fionn’s statistical purposes, using software provided by the hosting and content management service WordPress.com.
The technical details logged may include:
- The IP addresses of some visitors;
- The previous website address from which a visitor reached An Sionnach Fionn, including some search terms used;
- “Clickstream” data which shows the traffic of visitors around AnSionnachFionn.com (for example showing which stories have been read and which links have been clicked).
To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For more details on your choices regarding use of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising visit youronlinechoices.eu (European Union) or optout.aboutads.info (United States of America). On a mobile device, you may also be to adjust your settings to limit ad tracking.
6. What An Sionnach Fionn does with the information it acesses
An Sionnach Fionn may access the information collected by WordPress.com for the operation of AnSionnachFionn.com, to provide users with a better service. In particular, An Sionnach Fionn may use or disclose user information for the following reasons:
- An Sionnach Fionn may use this information for technical processing and to address technical problems or service complaints;
- An Sionnach Fionn may use this information to deal with cases of illegal activity, abuse or harassment;
- An Sionnach Fionn may disclose this information where required by law to do so;
- An Sionnach Fionn may disclose this information to law enforcement, government officials or courts where An Sionnach Fionn believes that disclosure is necessary and proportionate; and
- An Sionnach Fionn may disclose this information where it believes that disclosure is legally necessary and proportionate for the protection of the legitimate interests of itself or of a third party.
An Sionnach Fionn will not itself disclose, sell or distribute your information to any third party without your permission.
An Sionnach Fionn itself will not disclose the identities of contacts, except in accordance with the exceptions spelled out here. An Sionnach Fionn will endeavour to respect the confidential nature of all non-public communications, including but not limited to email, Facebook, Twitter and other electronic methods or platforms.
7. Information you post
Any personal information which you volunteer in your public profile or which you post as a comment will be available worldwide to any internet user who can view the website.
Please do not post any information you are not happy to leave up indefinitely. An Sionnach Fionn requests that you do not post your name, address, telephone number, email address or anything else that may lead someone to identify you if this is something you are uncomfortable with.
Please note that certain information which you may choose to provide might reveal your gender, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.
8. Anonymous and Pseudonymous Users
You are free (if you wish) to choose a username which does not reflect your real name on AnSionnachFionn.com. However please be aware that An Sionnach Fionn cannot guarantee that others will not be able to determine your identity from the information you volunteer.
If someone else has posted your personal information on AnSionnachFionn.com without your permission and you would like it removed please contact An Sionnach Fionn using the contact form.
An Sionnach Fionn is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure An Sionnach Fionn uses WordPress.com for its website hosting and content management systems. This requires a secure access method which An Sionnach Fionn adheres to in order to safeguard and protect the information it collects online.
10. Confidential Sources
Users may wish to pass information to An Sionnach Fionn in a confidential manner. Please note that while An Sionnach Fionn takes the privacy of confidential sources seriously, An Sionnach Fionn may not always be able to guarantee absolute confidentiality if, for example, An Sionnach Fionn is compelled by a court order to reveal the identity of a source. If you wish to pass information to An Sionnach Fionn in complete security you may wish to use some of the methods described in the Reporters Without Borders Handbook for Bloggers and Cyber-Dissidents.
Current Privacy Revision, 9: 31.05.2018