The wonderful Irish Election Literature blog does it again with this Fine Gael election poster from 1938 protesting against “Migrants” in County Meath. That’s Irish-speaking migrants, as FG opposes the breaking up of large estates held by absentee landlords to create the Ráth Chairn Gaeltacht or Irish speaking community in Meath.
Good to see that contemporary Fine Gael has remained true to its anti-Irish roots. Some things never change, hey?
- This Week At The Irish Election Literature Blog (cedarlounge.wordpress.com)
- Labour Versus British Unionists – A Snapshot Of Irish Political History (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Playing The Race Card In Ireland (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Fine Gael: The Terrorists We Embrace And The Ones We Don’t (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Gay Mitchell: Blue Shirts And Blue Bloods (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Mitchell’s campaign being financed by Fine Gael HQ remortgage (politics.ie)