The Irish Election Literature blog carries a fascinating Sinn Féin general election manifesto from 1923, with an opening paragraph focusing on “Justice and Brotherhood”. What is worth noting is the pledge from SF for a regional government in the North of Ireland to accommodate the separatist British ethnic minority:
“Sinn Féin will offer to North-East Ulster peace based on such a measure of local autonomy as is consistent with the unity of all Ireland”
Is this not the ultimate “Sunningdale for slow learners”? And the shape of the future all-Ireland state?
- One Race But Three Victors (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Sinn Féin minister Gerry Kelly wins libel award (guardian.co.uk)
- This Week At The Irish Election Literature Blog (cedarlounge.wordpress.com)
- UUP speaker at Sinn Féin Uniting Ireland conference: vindication of outreach strategy (politics.ie)
- Sunday World apologises to Sinn Féin MLA in High Court settlement (indigenist.blogspot.com)