Ever heard of Tory Hoose? No?
Well you’re about to:
“Tory Hoose is a new chapter in progressive thinking and conservatism within Scotland, a grassroots and independent alternative to the party machines. What sets Tory hoose apart from other centre right Scottish blogs is that this is not the musings of an individual, but a home for the whole broad church of conservative thinking.
Scotland deserves a positive alternative, to the sanitised doctrine based ideology of the left wing parties, and this is the role Tory Hoose hope to fill.”
“Today being the 322nd anniversary of the Battle of the Boyne brings one to think of the Loyal Orange Institution of Scotland and its relationship with the Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party.
It can be said that Orangemen and woman have contributed to Conservative and Unionist successes in the past… The concern here for the Conservatives is that for many in the Order, Labour has become the Unionist party of choice as it has more power in terms of votes cast to attempt to keep the SNP out and I dare say that the Anglo-Irish agreement still leaves another bitter taste from the 1980’s
It is true that many members and sympathisers of the Order still continue to support the Party, but should we do more to reach out? The Orange Order claims that it stands for ‘civil and religious freedom’ and for the Union of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and I believe that this echoes core Conservative beliefs too. …perhaps this is another area where the Party can try and re-engage its ever declining core vote.”
Does engaging with the Orange Order include such delights as the common slogan KAT? That’s “Kill All Taigs” to you and me. “Taigs”? Roman Catholics. Particularly Irish Roman Catholics. Or how about FAP? “Fuck All Papists”.
The coming debate is about the future of the union between Scotland and England. And it seems that if Unionists have their way that future will be orange. Blood orange.
(Thanks to SRSM Alba for the link)
- Burning The Village To Save The Villlage (ansionnachfionn.com)
- The Twelfth 2012. Garc Statement (thefivedemands.org)
- Scottish independence: Yes-No vote question snub for unionists (scotsman.com)
- Police Wounded In Northern Ireland Violence (news.sky.com)
- Orange Order parade in Belfast followed by riots (guardian.co.uk)
- Clashes during Orange march (morningstaronline.co.uk)
- Why Edwin’s Orange must practise what they preach (sluggerotoole.com)
- Bigoted Orange Order should be banned from marching in Dublin — Anti-Catholic hatred they spout has no place in modern Ireland (irishcentral.com)