British journo Ian Birrell carries a lengthy rant against Martin McGuinness in the “Right Minds” section of the Daily Mail, a suitably right-wing British newspaper. It is replete with plenty of hackneyed phrases and stock stereotypes from the “Big British Book Of War In Ireland” (which is also popular reading amongst the Irish media establishment) but the most fun is to be derived from the Comments section underneath the article.
Amongst the choice descriptions of Martin McGuinness MP MLA, Deputy First Minister of the North of Ireland and candidate for the office of the President of Ireland, is one from the not-so-wordy “Rob”, with Britain’s ever-fashionable:
Or how about,
“This despicable piece of human waste has blood on his hands that can never be washed off. In the real world both he and his master would have been executed for their crimes years ago.”?
That’s from someome who signs himself “Blue, White & Proud”. That’s Tory blue and er… Well, I’m sure you can work the rest out for yourself.
- The Sunday Independent – The Real Threat To Irish Democracy (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Martin McGuinness – Uachtarán na hÉireann? (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Gay Byrne Claims Provisional IRA Were “Gangsters”. Sorry, That Should Read, Gay Byrne Claims Old IRA Were “Gangsters” (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Fulminating West Brits Go Nuts – Or Fun With Martin And Co! (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Martin McGuinness. The People’s Choice? (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Liberal Britain, Or Don’t Mention The War. The Irish One, That Is. (ansionnachfionn.com)
- British Journalist Lectures The Irish People On “Democracy”. Laugh Now Or Laugh Later? (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Fine Gael: The Terrorists We Embrace And The Ones We Don’t (ansionnachfionn.com)
- Forget David Starkey – Lets Talk About The Daily Mail And ‘Monkey Language’ (ansionnachfionn.wordpress.com)
- Panic Grips The Sycophants Of The Golden Circle (ansionnachfionn.com)